NOCN Reading (E1-E3)
To make sure our test is fair:
- No dictionaries
- No books or notes apart from your reader
- No mobile phones
- No communication with other candidates’*
- No looking at other candidates’ work
- No extra time
- Don’t call out any answers
- Don’t get out of your seat without your teacher’s permission
* gestures, eye contact, social, three strikes
NOCN Writing (E1-E3)
These should be made more concise in line with the reading rules (above)
- Bring reading material in case there is any waiting. (You may not be able to leave immediately after finishing.)
- Remember to bring writing equipment. Your final draft should be written in black pen.
- You must arrive no later that the lesson start time. Latecomers may be excluded.
- Mobile phones must be switched off. If you leave the exam room to answer your phone, you may not be allowed back in. Make arrangements with your family/employer to ensure you do not receive important calls during your exam sessions.
- You are not allowed to communicate with classmates once the exam has formally started. You must be serious during the exam. You may be asked to leave if you communicate/interact with classmates. You may communicate with your teacher if you need to make contact with another student for a legitimate reason.
- You are not allowed to use a dictionary or any electronic device during the exam.
- If you need extra paper, ask the assessor and it will be provided. This will be stapled to your exam. All of your writing (including rough notes) must be submitted for assessment. Do not write on both sides of the paper.
- Do not get out of your seat without permission. Say ‘Exuse me’ if the assessor cannot see you and you need to get up.
- If you finish before the assessor says ‘Stop’, read your reader. You don’t need to announce that you’ve finished.
- When the assessor says ‘Stop’ you must put your pen down straight away.